Friday, July 16

You speak of knowledge, Judicator? You speak of experience?

I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities... I've been to Blizzard! Unto my experience, Aldaris, all that you've built here on the internet is but a fleeting dream. A dream from which your precious Conclave shall awaken, finding themselves drowned in a greater nightmare: Starcraft 2 launches July 27th.

Aldaris: We shall see...

What a punk. Naturally all I can tell you is that it was an amazing experience. I was genuinely moved, by the environment that has been created for making the best games possible and by the passion and dedication that is abundantly evident in every aspect of the studio and it's employees. I was reluctant to put Blizzard at the top of my list of studios because, being a concept artist, they have stuck to the same three franchises for more than a decade and I am eager to work and develop entirely new IP for games companies. However the people, products and perks are just so overwhelmingly exceptional that I couldn't possibly come away with anything but the desire to walk among the giants.

Which brings me to the best part of my trip thus far; shifting nervously from side to side and clutching desperately to a tin of baked beans (brought at tribute) I stood whilst Chris introduced me to Mark Gibbons. Who is he? Oh you know, just my inspiration for being an artist...

[silence]

No comments: